Monday, February 25, 2008

Blog 8- " Not on my watch"

I felt like I was flying, I knew now that there was no beast. Nothing to be afarid of! I knew now that it was just a human like us, nothing more. The beast was just a man, and I knew that it was disrespectful not to have a proper grave, but i was in no control of that. So I just decided to take the parachute out of the trees, and lay him down nicly. I knew i had done the right thing, Then I began my trec down the mountain. I jogged with steadfast, to tell the others.

I finally got to the fire I had seen from the top of the mountain, and I noticed that Jack and ralph were having an arguement. So I did not want to make a bigger problem, so I just sat back and watched. They yelled and screamed at every reaction they got from the other. About the conch, the tribes, the hunters, and many other things. but the worst was the huts! The rain was poring down on the boys, and they faught over the dry land, under the shelters. I did not understand why they could not just share them, until tomarrow. This way they could bother stay dry. But NO...all they wanted was to fight about who was going to be leader.

The storm was rolling in fast, and the lightening was bright, as it light up the sky like day, it struck down towards the earth. With every crack of thunder, the littleuns' became tremulous.
They glanced at the sky, looking as if they were asking god to make the fight and strom to just go away. They were so scared, and I knew that I could help. But something was holding me back now, I felt stuck, sitting and watching. I struggled to get up. I suddenly fell right back down. I herd the Lord of the Flies speak to me.

" Stay Simon, JUST WATCH"

I used every muscle in my body to get out of there. I flew on to the beach, and suddenly I felt a mass amount of weight on top of me. I herd the pig chant, but they were saying beast insted of pig! I felt horrible sratching, bitting, and spears sinking in to my stomach. I tried to get words out but they just trickled out, softly and slowy. no one could understad me. Trying to cetch my breth, I shut my eyes. I suddenly felt no weight on me any more. I could speak well, and I could breath normaly. But it was very cold, I peered out and I noticed that I saw myself, laying in the water. I was very confused, so I tried to go drag myself out of the water, but my arm sliped right through my fingers. I sat down, and thought to myself.

" Am I dead? NO!!! I could not be!! The pain, the screaming, the weight. It had all gone away. But how, I am dead, I am no longer with them. What should I do now. I have to tell them that the beast is not me, or real at all. It was just a dead man, but how?? I cant believe that Jack is teaching them how to become saveges, nothing more than that. He is filling their minds with corruption, and how to kill, not peace, not order, not to be civilized! He is mad, he is insane, he is nothing more than a rock, wanting to be able to walk, and the power to make a change. and he will NEVER GET THAT! Not as I am around!!!!"



2 comments:

lotfadam said...

. but the worst was the huts! The rain was poring down on the boys, and they faught over the dry land, under the shelters. I did not understand why they could not just share them, until tomarrow.

I liked this blog a lot because it really showed how much Simon did not like the island and the huts.

you should capotalize "but"

Ana said...

nicpic,
this was a fantastic blog! As i was reading this, I felt as though I was apart of him, I was his thoughts. I loved how you described everything. great job!
check spelling though.

-stazienator

The Interview with Simon

Q) What is your opinion about the signal fire?
A) Well, when I first herd the idea from Ralph, I did not know what to think. I had this thought in the back of my head, that something was going to go wrong. And it did after the first try. After we started it up again we had a good fire going. And yet the littleuns’ let it out again, when they went to follow jack. It is getting annoying how jack is always trying to take the leader position from Ralph. But Ralph is sticking it out, and not taking attitude from anyone.

Q) Do you think that you would make a better leader than Ralph?
A) Well I don’t think that I would always have everyone’s best interests. I don’t know if I would even know how to act with everyone yelling at me like they yell at Ralph. When I hold the conch, I feel as if I have all the power and then Ralph steals it back, and I don’t know if I would want to let anyone else have the power if I was the leader. But when jack has the conch he does not give it back, and I think that is how I would react to have all of the power over the hunters and the littleuns’.

Q) Do you believe that you will be rescued?
A) oh, that is a good question, um…you know I am not sure. I mean, this island has to be recorded on some map, somewhere on this earth. But considering that there was a “ship” that went buy, then I am considering that some day a while from now, yes we will be rescued. All we really have to do it just keep that fire going, and make sure that we have plenty of smoke for what ever will be rescuing us to see.

Q) What do you think about the beast? Do you think that there is a chance there is a beast on the island? Also what would you tell the littleuns’?
A) Personally I think that there is definitely a chance of a beast being on the island. We just have to figure out where it lives. And I am thinking that it may very well be in the water, because we have searched all over this island. I think that the littleuns’ have a lot of fear from the thought of the beast. But they really have nothing to be afraid of
.

Q) What is your opinion on the island?
A) Well I like it. It gives me a lot of times to think buy my self. And I don’t have anyone telling me what to do; I just sit around listening to the animals life around me and relax. I really don’t enjoy working a lot, but when someone needs my help. Then I will help them. I just like to be alone, doing my own thing. That’s just me.