Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Blog 10- When we know...

"When we first landed-" Sam started off
"-on the island we-" Eric continued
"-we were doing fine but-"
"-now we are being-"
"-forced to join Jack's-"Sam said
"-STUPID tribe-"Eric exclaimed

Sam'n'Eric spoke back and forth about Jack's tribe. And many of the others issues on this island.

We both knew that nothing good was going to come from visiting Jack. All that Ralph wanted were the glasses back. Just to start off a fire, and to keep it going. We herd Ralph say that he would have let Jack have some of the fire when ever he wanted. But we did not believe him, we knew that he was just lying to get what he wanted from Jack.

We wanted to be rescued too...we wanted to be in our own bed, warm and cozy. We wanted to be in our own home, use a tooth brush, and see our own parents. But ever since we let the fire go out, we could feel the chance of that slipping further and further away from reality.

Back on castle rock, when we were captured, we felt useless. We wanted to help fight, but once we knew what they had...that rock. We just sat quiet. We did not know if they had another rock like that, and we could not look around, because Jack would question us on what we were looking at. But we did have enough movement to be able to look over to piggy. We peered over the ledge of the cliffs, and saw the blood stained rocks. we saw the innards of Piggy wash away. We quickly drew back in disgust. We were astonished that they had killed, murdered, another boy.

We stood in disbelief that Ralph had run away, all we saw was him sprinting into the jungle. We did not know what we was doing, what he was hunting, and where he was planning on going. But we just saw him run away. Did he just leave us here to die, to be killed by the murders?? Did he not care about us at all?? We looked at each other, scared , and unknown of what was going to happen to us.

Jack turned to us, with an evil glare. We could feel the daggers of eyes he had, stabbing in to our chest. He spoke to us, but the words went in one ear and right out the other. We could not tell what he was saying. It was like he was speaking in another language that we had never herd before. The hunters around sniggered, and stared at us. They held their spears as if they were diamonds. Admiring them, stroking them, and sharpening them with shards of rock. We would be ok when we knew what he was going to do with us...

2 comments:

lotfadam said...

We peered over the ledge of the cliffs, and saw the blood stained rocks. we saw the innards of Piggy wash away.

In this blog their was a lot of sadness. The twins Sam and Eric semd really sad and ashamed for helping the hunters kill Simon. I liked this sentience because it really describes what the remands of piggy would look like

Ana said...

nicpic,
this blog was also fantastic. you wrote it just like they would have been talking. I loved in the beggingin how they were finishing eacothers sentences. My favorite sentence:

"Jack turned to us, with an evil glare. We could feel the daggers of eyes he had, stabbing in to our chest."

I felt what they felt lke when I read this.

Bravo!
-stazienator

The Interview with Simon

Q) What is your opinion about the signal fire?
A) Well, when I first herd the idea from Ralph, I did not know what to think. I had this thought in the back of my head, that something was going to go wrong. And it did after the first try. After we started it up again we had a good fire going. And yet the littleuns’ let it out again, when they went to follow jack. It is getting annoying how jack is always trying to take the leader position from Ralph. But Ralph is sticking it out, and not taking attitude from anyone.

Q) Do you think that you would make a better leader than Ralph?
A) Well I don’t think that I would always have everyone’s best interests. I don’t know if I would even know how to act with everyone yelling at me like they yell at Ralph. When I hold the conch, I feel as if I have all the power and then Ralph steals it back, and I don’t know if I would want to let anyone else have the power if I was the leader. But when jack has the conch he does not give it back, and I think that is how I would react to have all of the power over the hunters and the littleuns’.

Q) Do you believe that you will be rescued?
A) oh, that is a good question, um…you know I am not sure. I mean, this island has to be recorded on some map, somewhere on this earth. But considering that there was a “ship” that went buy, then I am considering that some day a while from now, yes we will be rescued. All we really have to do it just keep that fire going, and make sure that we have plenty of smoke for what ever will be rescuing us to see.

Q) What do you think about the beast? Do you think that there is a chance there is a beast on the island? Also what would you tell the littleuns’?
A) Personally I think that there is definitely a chance of a beast being on the island. We just have to figure out where it lives. And I am thinking that it may very well be in the water, because we have searched all over this island. I think that the littleuns’ have a lot of fear from the thought of the beast. But they really have nothing to be afraid of
.

Q) What is your opinion on the island?
A) Well I like it. It gives me a lot of times to think buy my self. And I don’t have anyone telling me what to do; I just sit around listening to the animals life around me and relax. I really don’t enjoy working a lot, but when someone needs my help. Then I will help them. I just like to be alone, doing my own thing. That’s just me.